Little Big Horn College, Crow Agency, MT
406-638-3100
406-638-3169

Why is my QB continuously throwing QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270?

Forums Start Here NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS Why is my QB continuously throwing QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jamesaultman81
      Participant

A few days back, when I was working on QB, I got stuck with “QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270” error. It happened when I was trying to download a payroll update. Along with this error, I got an error message indicating, “Error 15270: The payroll update didn’t complete successfully. The update is missing a file”. Here we have listed all the factors that might trigger the error.

1. Due to an unstable network connection, you are unable to download the payroll updates.
        2. Accessing the older or expired subscription of QB payroll subscription.
        3. Using the inaccurate Employer Identification Number or Service key.
        4. If your system is infected with any virus or malicious infection.

For any additional help regarding the “QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270” error, dial the toll-free number +1(855)-856-0053.

jortegaa3289
        Participant

<p class=”p1″>Very wonderful informative post. I appreciated on your work and looking forward to your next post.</p>

jortegaa3289
          Participant

<p class=”p1″>Such very useful information. This post is extremely helpful for me.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span></p>

willjoe
            Participant

Fixing the QuickBooks error 15270

Method 1: Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode

You have to install QuickBooks software in a mode called selective startup mode.

• The very first step for you is to make sure that you have a valid QuickBook subscription.
              • Now, in the Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll, you will have to click on the tab named employees and then on my payroll service tab. Now, look for Account/Billing Information.
              • You are required to sign in to your intuit account using the login credentials. Now check the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance.
              • You also have to make sure that your default browser is set as internet explorer.
              • You have to disable the User Account Control for a temporary while.
              • Now, click on the option of repair QuickBooks Desktop.
              • The final step is to perform a clean installation by selecting the Selective Startup.

Method 2: Run Reboot.bat File

The user just has to run the reboot.bat file in this process. The reboot.bat file actually registers the Windows component files related to QuickBooks again in Microsoft windows. To do this you will have to follow these instructions.

• Initially, the user has to shut down the QuickBooks desktop software.
              • Now, open the file destination which contains the reboot.dat file.
              • You will find this file by right-clicking on the QuickBooks icon and then choosing the open file location option.
              • When you locate the file just right-click on the reboot.dat file and click on run as an administrator.
              • After doing this you will have to restart your computer.

Regards,

Willjoe

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by willjoe.
              • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by willjoe.
          Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.