<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Recently, I was trying to create a backup of the company file and ended up with an Intuit Data Protect has stopped working error and don’t know how to get rid of it. I tried to implement every suggestion given on the support page but still I was not able to eliminate the error. After exploring on multiple websites I discovered some of these simple hacks that helped me to overcome the issue.</span>
Update IDP and QuickBooks Desktop
The Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working error message may come up at times due to using outdated versions of QuickBooks Desktop application and IDP. Therefore, once you get the Intuit Data Protect not responding error message, update to the latest version of both the QuickBooks Desktop and Intuit Data Protect. After successful upgrading, back up your QuickBooks file data again with IDP. If you are not able to back up, follow the next step.
Add IDP Files to the list of exceptions in Windows Firewall
– You may get the ‘Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working’ error if the Windows Firewall is blocking the access of IDP to the internet:
– Press Windows + R. The Run menu will appear
– Type firewall.cpl in the command box and press Enter.
– From the pane on your left, click Allow an app through Windows Firewall .
– Now click Allow Another App
– Navigate to the Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\ Intuit\ Data Protect folder.
– Select QBIDPservice.exe
– Click Open.
– Click Network Types and check the box named Private.
– Click Add
– Now follow the same steps to add the IntuitDataProtect.exe and IBUenghost.exe files.