Tagged: QuickBooks Error 6123
May 26, 2022 at 7:20 pm #547jamesaultman81Participant
<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>I won’t be able to figure out why I am continuously receiving QuickBooks Error 6123 while backing up the company file. I landed across the Intuit help article after doing some research on numerous websites, but nothing was worth it. I’m particularly anxious about how to resolve this issue as soon as possible because it prevents me from accessing the company information. Someone advised me to consult with the tech experts of QuickBooks, but this was not the best option. Experts will be unable to determine what caused the problem, and my level of aggression has now escalated to the next level. So, could you give your thoughts on this issue?</span>
- This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by jamesaultman81.
March 16, 2023 at 9:43 pm #697jamesaultman81Participant
QuickBooks Error 6123 is an error that occurs when you try to open a QuickBooks company file. This error may indicate a damaged company file or network connectivity issues. Here are some steps you can take to resolve QuickBooks Error 6123:
- Run the QuickBooks File Doctor: QuickBooks provides a tool called the QuickBooks File Doctor, which can help diagnose and repair common QuickBooks file issues. Download and run this tool to see if it can resolve the Error 6123.
- Check your network connectivity: If you’re accessing QuickBooks over a network, check to make sure that your network connection is functioning properly. Try accessing the company file from a different computer to see if the problem persists.
- Rename the .TLG and .ND files: The .TLG and .ND files are important files that QuickBooks uses to access your company data. Renaming these files can sometimes resolve errors like 6123. To do this, navigate to the folder where your company file is stored, locate the .TLG and .ND files, and rename them by adding “old” to the end of the file name.
- Repair the QuickBooks installation: If your QuickBooks installation is damaged or incomplete, it can cause errors like 6123. To repair your QuickBooks installation, close QuickBooks and go to the Windows Start menu. Search for “Programs and Features” and click on it. Locate QuickBooks in the list of installed programs and click on it. Then, click on the Uninstall/Change button and select Repair. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.
- Restore a backup copy of the company file: If none of the above steps work, you may need to restore a backup copy of the company file. This can be done by going to the QuickBooks File menu and selecting Open or Restore Company. Then, select Restore a backup copy and follow the on-screen instructions to restore the file from a backup.
If the QuickBooks Error Code 6123 persists after trying these steps, you may need to contact QuickBooks support at +1(855)-738-0359 for further assistance.
July 8, 2023 at 6:03 am #1001michsiParticipant
Ensure that you have the latest version of QuickBooks installed on your computer. Go to the Help menu and select “Update QuickBooks” to check for any available updates. Install any updates if they are available.QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool provided by Intuit, the company behind QuickBooks, to diagnose and repair common data file issues. Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor from the official Intuit website. Follow the on-screen instructions or see my detailed status on Gb whatsapp Download to scan and repair your company file.
September 15, 2023 at 8:02 am #1182petergroftParticipant
To fix QuickBooks Error 6123, you can try the following solutions:
Rename the company file or remove any special characters from the name.
Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to repair the company file.
Repair the QuickBooks installation.
Run QuickBooks in administrator mode.
Disable your antivirus or malware software temporarily.
Restart your computer.
Move the company file to a different location.
Restore the company file from a backup.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.