Tagged: QuickBooks error code 6010
November 9, 2021 at 11:34 am #354jamesaultman81Participant
QuickBooks error code 6010 takes place while installing the QuickBooks installation and there is a need to reinstall the application. However, several reasons can trigger this issue, but the most common one is the installation of a third-party firewall or antivirus app that interrupts QuickBooks and blocks its access with the internet. You can resolve it by following the below-given steps:
- Search for a network device file with .ND extension, which is having the same name as your company file under QuickBooks directory on your computer.
- Rename the file by adding (old) at the end of its name.
- Lastly, restart the QuickBooks application.
For any guidance required related to the fixation of QuickBooks error code 6010, go through the resolution steps mentioned in this article.
November 12, 2021 at 8:53 am #357jimmywickParticipant
Fixing QuickBooks error code 6010:
Repair the company file
– Open the folder that has stored the company file.
– Look for the file which has .QBW extension.
– Select the Copy option by right-clicking on the file.
– Hit a click on Paste option.
– Press the Ctrl key in order to open the QuickBooks application.
– After this, you will come across the option No Company Open.
– Next step is to hit a click on Open or restore an existing company.
-The last step is to launch the company file and check if still the error 6010 is there or not.
Close the Processes and set QuickBooks to Single User Mode
– Use the Administrator credentials and log into the PC.
– Now press Ctrl + Shift +Esc keys and launch Task Manager.
– Choose the Users option.
– Highlight all QuickBooks processes like qbupdate.exe, EXE and QBDBM.exe.
– Now hit a click on End Task in multi-user mode.
– To check if the QuickBooks error 6010 has been resolved or not, launch the company file.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.